Thursday, February 9, 2017

Tarot Thursday Three: to Reverse, or Not to Reverse?

Here is another round of #tarotthursdaythree, hosted by Julia at Spiral Sea Tarot. Feel free to answer these on your own blog, and let me know so I can read your responses!

1) Reversals or nah?

Reversals (usually). I started to use them at the same time that I started doing email readings for strangers years ago. I found the added nuances that reversals provide to be indispensable.
Wild Unknown Tarot
2. If you could go back in time and give your novice self one piece of wisdom to fast track your tarot learning, what would it be?

I'm not sure that I believe in "fast tracking" the learning process. It's a process for a reason - the trips and stumbles are valuable teachers. The biggest hurdle for me was to come to trust the messages that I was seeing in the cards, without second-guessing myself or overthinking things. The root of that is fear, and that takes time, practice, and experience to overcome.

3. What is your go-to spread?

I don't actually have one! I like to keep readings small (1-3 cards), and when reading for myself I typically draw a single card. Three card reading positions are often: Issue/Do This/Don't Do This; Challenge/Advice/Outcome. Whether reading for myself or for others, I tend to craft spread positions to fit the situation and query, so it varies quite a bit.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yes, there is lots to be said of learning from mistakes and fumbles. Some of the wisest teachers for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes we do seem to be similar in "fast tracking" versus not. I mean, I tried to go about my learning as organically as possible, so encourage enjoyment, etc. We know how we learn best, when learning without constraint :)

    I love your three card spread position suggestions. *writing them down*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! Glad you will make use of those spreads! They are pretty handy ;)

      Delete